LK Dining Lounge Uncut

Monday, March 06, 2006

Carmen Larsen Exhibit


You may remember Carmen's work from our first ever Artist Night that took place at the restaurant all those long cold months ago. We were so impressed with her pieces and her wonderful attitude that we kept in touch after the event. As a result, we are delighted to be able to showcase her talents on a more permanent basis with the installation of two of her pieces (pictured) in the lounge area.



Born in East London, South Africa, Carmen Larsen moved to Vancouver in 1995, and studied at Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design. Carmen's work reflects intense energy through rich colour, texture and movement. Her eclectic cultural background and broad travels have provided her with a vast landscape of inspiration. "Art has always been a vital presence in my life. I draw from raw, unrefined visions and emotions, and with sincerity translate them to canvas. I try to seek out the most unmarked part of me. When people view my work, I'd like them to be taken in by both the formal elements of the artwork, such as the colours, textures and movement, as well as the overall energy and emotion of the piece."